I wanted to create an Excel list of my colleagues and needed a column, preferably the one that contains their name, to be a hyperlink to their Outlook contact card.
It turned out to be a non-trivial task, but finally, I found a solution so let me add it here:
- You’ll need
- An Excel sheet with a column filled with the names of your contacts.
- Outlook with all your contacts added.
- A new OneNote page.
- Go to Outlook and open your first contact.
- Find and press this button:
- Select the OneNote page you want the link to this Contact inserted.
- Go to that OneNote page, select the “Link to this Outlook item”, press right click and select “Copy link”.
- Go to Excel, select the name, press right click, go to Add link and paste the link you copied form OneNote. It will look something like this:
“onenote:outlook?folder=Contacts&entryid=” folowed by a very long GUID
Now, when you click onto that Excel cell, the Outlook contact card of the given person will open.